Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a specific individual.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with us (like when you fill out our contact form or sign up for a newsletter). You are not required to provide the information we requested, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases this means we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to your inquiries.
What, what for and how are we using your personal information
There are three main persistent datasets we are processing when you interact with us:
- Login information: This includes for example your email address, password and name and is only necessary when you create an account with us. Should you create an account, verification is handled by Supabase. Your secret login information (e.g. password) is never visible to ChronoShift.
- User data/location data: You have the option to let your browser read your current location (Geolocation: latitude & longitude) to determine the closest city to you. This will only be done with your explicit consent. When using ChronoShift with a registered account, you can choose to save this nearest city as "your current location" for quick access. It will only capture the city and save it to a 100% anonymized dataset. All related data (e.g. contacts & teams) are also saved in anonymized datasets
- Payment Information: Should you decide to pay for a subscription, your payment info is required. We are using Stripe as our chosen payment processor. All of your payment details are handled by Stripe and never saved on our databases.
Analysis and tracking tools
- Ensure functionality
- Usage analysis, in order to thereby be able to optimize the products
- Market research, thereby gaining insights into target groups
- For advertising
- For testing purposes (e.g. contract implementation for free and paid offers)
- For IT security and fraud prevention
Profiling or automated decision-making only takes place if this is expressly stated below. Otherwise, profiling or automated decision-making does not take place.
If cookies, device identifiers or other information are stored or retrieved on your end device for processing, the legal basis for this is the European Cookie or e-Privacy Directive in conjunction with the Telemedia Act or the General Data Protection Regulation. These services are largely integrated via the Google Tag Manager.
Cookies are text files that contain data of visited websites or domains and are stored by a browser on users' computers. The primary purpose of a cookie is to store information about a user during or after their visit within an online offer. Cookies can be set by us or by third parties.
In order to ensure the functionality of our digital offers, we process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest, by
- Storing and/or retrieving information on a device
- Provide ads or content technically
For product optimization, we process your data based on our legitimate interest by
- Measuring content performance
- Using market research to gain insights about target groups
- Develop and improve products
For personalization purposes, we process your data with your consent by
- Creating a personalized ad profile
- Creating a personalized content profile
- Select personalized content
- Select personalized content and merge it with offline data sources
- Linking different devices
In order to be able to finance ourselves with advertising, we process your data with your consent by
- selecting simple ads
- select personalized ads
- measure ad performance
We use precise location data only with your consent.
We do not actively query device properties for identification (fingerprinting).
We use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity for website operators and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage, including but not limited to Google Analytics Demographics and Interest performance reporting features. Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting allows us to use data from Google's interest-based advertising and/or third-party data about our advertising audience (e.g., age, gender, and interests) in conjunction with Google Analytics for targeted and optimized advertising activities, strategies, and content on our website.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will in no case associate your IP address with other data stored by Google.